* 5 to 6 quarts water
* 16 ounces angel hair pasta
* 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) olive oil
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
* 12 chicken tenderloins
* 1 sweet green pepper, cut into bite-size strips
* 1 sweet red pepper, cut into bite-size strips
* 1 sweet yellow pepper, cut into bite-size strips
* 1 red onion, chopped
* 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, for garnish
* Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
For the Scampi Sauce:
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
* 1/4 cup minced garlic
* 1 1/2 cups chablis wine (white wine)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
* 1 cup heavy cream
Prepare the Scampi Sauce: Place a large skillet over medium-low heat. Melt the butter, add the yellow onion and saute for 2-4 minutes or until the onion begins to brown. Add the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds. Do not let the garlic brown.
Add the wine, salt, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 15-18 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half.
Add 2 teaspoons minced parsley and the heavy cream and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil.
Bring the 5-6 quarts water to boiling in a large pot. Add the angel hair pasta and cook for 4 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Drain and run the pasta under cold water so it doesn't stick.
If preparing all 4 servings, divide the olive oil between 2 skillets and place over medium heat. Measure the flour into a large bowl. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken tenderloins, then coat each in the flour. Arrange the tenderloins on a plate before you saute them. Place 6 tenderloins in each skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on one side, or until golden brown.
When the chicken is brown on one side, flip each piece and move them to the side of the pans. Add an even amount of sliced sweet peppers and red onion to the center of each skillet. Continue cooking the chicken and vegetables for 4-6 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and the vegetables are beginning to brown on the edges.
Divide the sauce in half and pour it over the chicken and other ingredients in each pan. Add half the pasta to each pan, then toss everything a bit and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
Prepare each dish by placing equal amounts of pasta onto each of 4 plates. Use a spoon or tongs to add peppers and onion on top of each pile of pasta. Arrange 3 chicken tenderloins onto the center of the pasta.
Sprinkle each plate with about 1/2 teaspoon minced parsley. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings.